Sunday, February 27, 2005

Stephen is HOME!!!!

Hello!
On Friday morning, Declan and I went and picked up Stephen! He is very happy to be home. I think it is still a little weird for him. The afternoon he got home we went to Walmart and he drove, it was the first time he had driven more than 15 miles an hour since he left. It wil take him a few days to get used to being back. He didn't know what to do with himself today. This is the longest that he has not worked since he left. He has 2 weeks off before he goes back to work.
Poor Dec when he should be thrilled and really happy that Daddy is home, is sick. Friday morning he was complaining that his ear hurt. Unfortunetly we couldn't get him an apointment with a doctor because they were all booked. He said it felt better after we gave him Motrin. Last night he was in pain even with the motrin. I called to see if I could get and appointment in the "after hours" clinic over on Ft. Bragg but there was nothing available. (They are open from 7 AM - midnight and they were completely booked!) So, we went to the ER. After I got him all checked in we were waiting for them to call him for his vital signs and Stephen walked down to the after hours clinic. He asked the lady about walk ins. She said they were all booked but if they triaged Dec they might send him down instead of waiting to see an ER doc. About a 1/2 hour later she came down to the ER waiting room and asked what our last name was, she went, got him paper work and brought us down to the clinic. Poor kid has a double ear infection and apparently had strep throat last week! I took him in on Wednesday and they did a throat culture but never called me with the results. The throat is got better on its own but no that he is on the antibiotics for the ears that will take care of it too. This afternoon Dec is acting much more himself. He is up playing and being a very kissy little boy as usual. Hopefully, he will get a good nights sleep and be fine to go to school tomorrow!
We are plannng on doing some "fun stuff" while Stephen is off. I believe that will include going to Chuck E Cheese, bowling, playing outside and MAYBE even a trip out to Charlotte to visit Jeff Gordon's race shop. I will be sure to post pictures for you all to see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home