We're Leaving NC!
Yep, we are out of here tomorrow! After spending the entire weekend cleaning every surface in the house that could possibly collect dirty, we have officially turned in our keys to our house.
Through everything that has been going on, we could not have asked for a better behavior from Dec. He has been so patient and well behaved through all of this. While we were cleaning, he would find his own things to do whether it was playing with toys that were left to put in storage or drawing pictures on a big pad of paper I found. (He drew his own racetrack and then used his matchbox cars on it. He even helped out a little. I am glad that he was there to see things happening. I think it would have been harder on him if he had been somewhere all day and came home to find all his stuff gone. He got to see them putting his things in boxes. Even this morning, he and Stephen were in the lobby of the hotel having breakfast (I was already at the house cleaning) and the manager on duty told Stephen that Dec was the best behaved kid he had seen.
The long days have taken their toll on Dec though. Last night, he and I got back to the hotel with the cats at about 11pm (Stephen stayed and cleaned more). Dec didn't get to sleep until about 12. He was awake at about 6:45 this morning when I was leaving for the house. Tonight after we relaxed for a little bit, we had to bring the cable modem back to the cable company. We got about 3/4 of the way there and Stephen looked in the back seat, Dec was sound asleep! Thankfully I was about 20 minutes in line at the cable company so he got to have a nice little nap.
Tomorrow, we are bound for Virginia Beach. Stephen has to drop off the car to be shipped over to Lajes so we are staying in a hotel for Thursday night. I found a nice one with an indoor pool that we are planning on relaxing in tomorrow night. So, I will try to update tomorrow night from the hotel (again, FREE internet!) Maybe I will even try to post a few pictures. Take care!
Through everything that has been going on, we could not have asked for a better behavior from Dec. He has been so patient and well behaved through all of this. While we were cleaning, he would find his own things to do whether it was playing with toys that were left to put in storage or drawing pictures on a big pad of paper I found. (He drew his own racetrack and then used his matchbox cars on it. He even helped out a little. I am glad that he was there to see things happening. I think it would have been harder on him if he had been somewhere all day and came home to find all his stuff gone. He got to see them putting his things in boxes. Even this morning, he and Stephen were in the lobby of the hotel having breakfast (I was already at the house cleaning) and the manager on duty told Stephen that Dec was the best behaved kid he had seen.
The long days have taken their toll on Dec though. Last night, he and I got back to the hotel with the cats at about 11pm (Stephen stayed and cleaned more). Dec didn't get to sleep until about 12. He was awake at about 6:45 this morning when I was leaving for the house. Tonight after we relaxed for a little bit, we had to bring the cable modem back to the cable company. We got about 3/4 of the way there and Stephen looked in the back seat, Dec was sound asleep! Thankfully I was about 20 minutes in line at the cable company so he got to have a nice little nap.
Tomorrow, we are bound for Virginia Beach. Stephen has to drop off the car to be shipped over to Lajes so we are staying in a hotel for Thursday night. I found a nice one with an indoor pool that we are planning on relaxing in tomorrow night. So, I will try to update tomorrow night from the hotel (again, FREE internet!) Maybe I will even try to post a few pictures. Take care!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home